Is it Time to replace Your Roof?
As a homeowner, keeping your home in top condition is often a major concern. Monthly house maintenance is essential to keep your home looking great. Your roof may be one of the biggest factors affecting the overall condition of your home. Without a solid roofing structure, the time you spend making your home look great may be for nothing.
Replacing your roof is crucial in ensuring that your home stays in top-notch condition. Roof damage can lead to a variety of problems including; leaking, mold, animal infestations, frost, increased energy bills, and total collapse. You can stop these major home issues from happening by looking out for common signs that your roof needs to be replaced.
Common Signs that it is Time to Replace Your Roof
Is it time to replace your roof? These potential warning signs may tell you that it is time to contact a professional roofing contractor.
- Your roof shingle edges are curled or the shingle tabs are cupped.
- Your roof has begun developing bald spots where roof granules should be. If you start seeing shingle granules it is a sure sign your roof shingles are weakening.
- You have shingles that are cracked or missing completely. Shingles are what keep your roof protected, so cracked or missing shingles are a huge warning sign.
- Your roof is over 20 years old. Why this may not be a direct sign, a roof that is 20 years or older has aging shingles that can lead to improper roof ventilation.
- Your roof looks worn. A homeowner can often tell if they need a new roof just by looking at their current one. If your roof looks old and worn, it may be time to replace it.
- Your roof has moss on it. Moss can hold moisture against your roof which can cause even more damage. If your roof has developed moss it may be time.
- Rain or snow are forming valleys or pools in certain areas of your roof before going to the gutters. These valleys leave your roof vulnerable to roof leaks because roof shingles are often falling apart or missing in this area.
- You can see sunlight through the roof. If you see light peeking through in any room directly under your roof, it is time for a new roof. If light can come in so can rain, snow, and cold air.
- Your roof is sagging. It is time to call a contractor immediately! If you notice any sagging, you could be facing total structural damage which will lead to collapse.
Replacing your roof can be costly. However, ignoring the signs of roof replacement can cause home damage which will cost you much money in the long run. If you notice any of the signs above call Liberty restoration group for roofing help or contact us today for a free estimate.